Helpful Tips of Wearing Contacts in the Time of COVID-19 (2020)
Hey girls & boys, what’s up nowadays? Hope you’re healthy and beautiful as usual.
Today let’s talk about something that may be a little serious: COVID-19.
Since the novel coronavirus 2019 broke out globally, Uniieye has been paid sustained attention to the development of the epidemic. In this difficult time, the health and safety of you and our employees are always the priorities we concern.
And these are the most frequent questions we receive from you recently: can I wear colored contacts in spite of the epidemic? How could I protect myself from COVID-19 while wearing contact lenses? Is it safer to wear glasses than contact lenses?
To answer these questions, the first we want to emphasize is: DO NOT PANIC, BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT EITHER. So here’s the good news: yes, you can wear colored contacts safely following these instructions:
1. Frequent and proper hand washing. Always wash your hands carefully and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before handling contact lenses, no matter to put them in, take them out or clean them with solution. After washing your hands, don’t forget to dry them with unused paper towels.
2. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands. Including eyes, nose and mouth, especially while you’re handling your contacts or when you’re outside.
3. Disinfect contact lenses regularly. Remember to do it with professional disinfectant solution and washed hands.
4. Never exchange or use others’ contacts! Even if they seem healthy, the contacts can spread germs that cause inflammation and viruses that haven’t been inspected.
5. Stop using contact lenses if sick. Like recommendations for other types of illness, when you feel ill with cold or flu-like symptoms, please stop wearing contact lens.
6. Glasses are not safer than contacts. There is no scientific evidence that wearing glasses provides protection against COVID-19 or other viral transmissions.
Besides the good hygiene of wearing contact lenses, there’s more we’d like to talk with you: the basic protective measures against the new coronavirus, according to World Health Organization (WHO).
1. Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water, because they can kill viruses that may be on your hands.
2. Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) social distance, especially when someone is coughing or sneezing. Because the small liquid droplets they spray may contain virus, and if you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets.
3. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with your bent elbow, tissue or mask, dispose of the used tissue to a closed bin immediately.
4. Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Tell your doctor of any recent travel or contact with travelers.
5. Avoid travelling to areas where COVID-19 is spreading. If you have to, take care of yourself with these protective measures.
Another question that you concern most is when to use a mask. These are our suggestions:
1. Wear a mask when you’re not allowed to maintain 1 meter (3 feet) social distance. For example, in a metro, subway, bus, train, plane and other transport vehicles.
2. Wear a mask when you are coughing and sneezing.
3. Wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
4. Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
5. If you wear a mask, you must know how to use it and dispose it properly. These are instructions of WHO about how to use a mask:
1. Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2. Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
3. Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
4. Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
5. To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Above video and instructions about how to use a mask are quoted from World Health Organization (WHO).
Don't worry about the face mask would obstruct your trendy makeup. The key point is to emphasize your beautiful eyes with our colored contact lenses.
We always care about the safety and health of our community, and also our employees. Here’s Uniieye’s employee care under the epidemic of COVID-19:
1. Work at home. While the new coronavirus were spreading in our working cities, we chose to letting our employees work at home to avoid the risks of getting infected.
2. Provide a safe workplace. When the epidemic goes stable, we get our workplace ready for work with following measures: distribute face masks everyday, track the body temperature of every employee, disinfect the surfaces and objects regularly, provide hot water and hand sanitizer, promote employees wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, etc.
3. Reimbursement medical costs. For those employees who feel unwell, Uniieye send them to hospital reimbursing their expenses, as well as count this time off as sick leave.
Fortunately, with our constant effort, none of our employees has been infected by the new coronavirus, that’s why we could keep a stable supply during this crisis. It was a huge challenge for us, but with all your support and love, we made it.
No matter where you are, in area where COVID-19 is spreading, or where there’s no reported confirmed case of this disease, we hope you could protect yourself with the mentioned measures and the suggestions of the local public health authority. Don’t be afraid, the novel coronavirus is not that horrible, with all of our efforts, we will defeat it and welcome the dawn of a big victory. When that moment comes, wish you smile with the most stunning and powerful eyes.
Let’s fight COVID-19 shoulder to shoulder, side by side, until the day we win together!
For any questions, problems or consults, feel free to contact us through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, Uniieye is always here with you. ❤